This rapid (20-minute) learning experience is specifically designed for nurses and other providers who provide direct patient care. It will give you knowledge and strategies that will help you live your values - treat people fairly and without bias. Most importantly, it includes practical evidence-based strategies to prevent unintended biases from affecting you, your coworkers/colleagues, and the patients you serve.
Research has shown that our biases, although often unintended, can influence the way we treat patients from different racial and ethnic groups. These biases can prevent us from providing equally high-quality care to patients who come from different backgrounds than we do. In this evidence-based online course, you will learn:
- Why we behave in biased ways that are not consistent with our true values,
- Where biases come from,
- How biases negatively impact us and those around us,
- The role of unintended bias in the medical diagnostic process,
- How our unintended biases can impact patients’ trust and adherence,
- Practical evidence-based strategies to prevent bias from impacting our behavior and to improve our patient care and job satisfaction.
Your session will expire in 30 seconds, please select one of the following options: